Applying for Social Assistance
The Social Assistance program provides temporary financial support to eligible clients in need. In order to apply for social assistance, applicants must be living on reserve and receive no other income. The best way to determine applicability for social assistance is to contact the social assistance officer. This is to ensure the application forms are filled out correctly, but also so applicants can be made aware of any other opportunities that might help them, like finding housing or work.
Tips for applying for Social Assistance
When you apply for and receive Social Assistance, you are responsible for:
- Completing all eligibility forms.
- Disclosing all required information such as providing copies of bills and rental agreements.
- Using all available resources and income to support yourself before applying for income assistance.
- Promptly informing the BSDW of any personal or household changes that may change your eligibility.
If you are able to work, you are responsible for:
- Working towards greater or complete independence from income assistance.
- Participating in available employability programs.
- Seeking work at all times.
- Being available for all work you are qualified for at all times.
Lheidli T’enneh Social Assistance Department
Road Prince George, BC V2K 5X8
- Tel: 250-617-7683
- Fax: 250-963-6954