Home  |  News & Events  |  Jobs  |  Contact

Lheidli T'enneh:

 
The Fort George Band Reserve was first established in 1892 where the Fraser River and Nechako River meet and the current site of downtown Prince George.
In 1911, federal Indian Agent W.J. MacAllan negotiated a land sale agreemnt between the Lheidli T'enneh, the federal government and the Grand Truck Pacific Railway. The 100 or so band members and their belongings were transported to land north of the city known as the Shelley Reserve.  When the band assembly resisted being removed from their village, MacAllan participated in arson of vacant buildings to motivate band members to accept the move.

taken from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Recent News...

February 2005
S M T W T F S
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
» View detailed calendar
 

 

 

 

 

Welcome!

The Lheidli T'enneh First Nation is a community that is built on the strength of its people.

 

Traditional TerritoryOur Traditional Territory

Our traditional territory stretches over 4.3 million hectares, from the impresssive Rocky Mountains to the beautiful interior plateau, including the City of Prince George.
The Fort George Indian Band Reserve was first established in 1892 where the Fraser and Nechako rivers meet. Downtown Prince George, neighbourhoods, and parks now reside on this site.
The history of our people is a big part of the history of the City of Prince George and the entire region.

 

Image result for facebook icon

 

 
Contact Us...

1041 Whenun Road
Prince George, BC • V2K 5X8

Phone: 250.963.8451
Toll-Free: 1.877.963.8451
Fax: 250.963.6954

Click here to contact us via e-mail.

© Lheidli T'enneh. All Rights Reserved.

 

Go To Splash

Site Design & Maintenance